Sunday, March 23, 2014

Got a new toy / serious thing

So, I took the plunge and picked up a Microsoft surface. It's pretty neat, definitely powerful. I am still trying to get used the keyboard, it seems to type pretty well, I am adapting to it faster than expected. The soft keyboard is ... bull shit, I can't deal with that. I don't currently have a wireless mouse, so that might be a little bit of an issue.

I thought they said that once you go Mac, you never go back. (unless of course you get a way better computer in a smaller package with a bunch of bonus stuff for a reasonable price. )

The special Ladyfriend and I are going to take the surface into a park nearby and do some panoramic shots, which are super cool!

The only thing really holding me back from totally replacing my mac with this thing I think is its ability to record audio, with a quad core processor and twice as much ram, it shouldn't be a problem. Also, if I am going to be switching computers every 5 years to stay current, I need to amok sure that I am keeping a fair amount of stuff on the cloud or on an external hard drive.

OK, more on this experience later. It's about time for some computer changes, I was starting to get bored.

No comments: