Monday, October 08, 2012

10-08-2012

WHOA! I finally got some stuff working! I was able to get some programs working
through X11!! Nothing that impressive, and I am sure it was really stressing
out my poor machine at home. I need to figure out how to get ubuntu to default
boot to command prompt only. I am sure there has to be something out there
that I can read to figure that out. I am not able to load a gnome session
through X, as apparently only one desktop environment can run stable on
system. Bummer.

I guess I don't really want it to boot to command prompt every time, just
need to know how to do that so that I can connect a full blown gui session.
Running just separate programs is neat, but looks ghetto on a mac. Ha.

Maybe also there is an alternative skin for X that uses the mac theme? That
would be nifty. Oh... more research to do.

No comments: