Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10-16-2012

Linux is almost becoming second nature to me now, it's pretty great. I don't get nearly as lost when trying to follow
instructions on how to do things. A couple more months of practice and I think I should be able to get the email
server up and running. I did get the apache server up and running, that was way easier than expected. I thought I
had to tell it to start running or whatever, but it's just... going! I might have to mess around with it later if I do
anything fancier than just a few simple web pages.

Also, I discovered that Xubuntu works a lot better than just ubuntu, it also has more features unlockable than does the
normal ubuntu. For example I can make my own splash screen and login screens with ubuntu tweak, which I couldn't do
under just normal ubuntu. I rebranded my flavor - mothbuntu. Also, I like just running a window manager instead of a full on
desktop environment, it's a lot lighter and there isn't a bunch of unncesscary crap running. Fav so far for that is fluxbox.

No comments: