Saturday, October 13, 2018

Japan - day 6 : the return

We had a pretty chill last day in Tokyo. We did breakfast at this place called "eggs & things" it was a Hawaiian place that has a branch in Tokyo. It was a pretty tasty breakfast , and portions were not japanese size. We then walked around to the imperial palace and checked that out. There were some cool walls around the palace and gardens, but no historic structures because apparently the Allied forces firebombed the entire complex in 1945 , which is a shame. That palace dated back to the reign of the shogunate.

For lunch we hit up the beaver bakery (which is a bakery... I swear!) for some pasteries , and then a conveinence store for some protein and drinks. I got some natto with purple rice. I am not sure what made the rice purple, but it was more expensive than plain natto, so I sprung for it.

We chilled out for a little bit, then it was off to the airport. It's an hour or so ride out to Narita from Mike's place. Once we got to Narita it was easy-peasy to get checked in, check bags and get through security. I think the entire process was less than 15 minutes. Then we had to wander around for food. We found a place that did sushi and ramen which was a good combo to get Katie some salt and me something chill to eat.

We did a little more shopping, and now we are about 2 hours into our flight and the battery died on my switch, so now I am just going to dork around on the tablet until the benadryl really kicks in. I just had a beer and then ice cream, so it might be interesting. Today is going to be the longest day. We land in Vancouver at 11AM. (8 AM the next day in Tokyo).

No comments: